Get juicier results on your website by including these 5 key elements to convert browsers into buyers.
If you have a steady flow of website traffic, that is a great start. But how many are buying or converting into paying customers without any manual intervention from yourself or your team?
Here are 5 ways you can explode your website conversion rate by simply adding these fruitful ingredients to power-up your website.
1. Add videos of yourself to build trust People buy from those they know, like and trust. So don't hide behind your brand, be part of it. Video also helps your SEO ranking when you embed and tag the right way and you can use across multiple platforms, including YouTube, to drive awareness and traffic back to your website.
Some idea of how you can incorporate video of yourself on your website:
Introduce yourself so your customers can get to know you and your values which will help to align and attract those with shared values;
Pay the value forward by giving them a sample teaching of what you do which will also help to establish yourself as a credible expert;
Tell your story about why you started the business, your purpose, vision and mission which will help to align and attract people who believe in your vision;
Showcase a product or service enabling a demonstration of something you offer;
Share a key learning or transformational result your have achieved for a client;
Take the copy on one of your pages and turn into into a video version so people can choose to read or listen to you explain it.
2. Add customer testimonials for social proof This is not new, but how you create the testimonial can have a big bearing on the outcome. The strongest type of testimonial you can get, is a video where you customer talks to the camera (real person alert), followed by a testimonial accompanied by a photo of your customer looking at the camera (yes this is a real person giving a testimonial), and then written form in third place. With their permission, always include their name and business or location to add context and credibility. You can add a reviews feature to your website so can also automate the process of customers leaving a testimonial. The more happy customers, the more trust you will build with browsers removing more of the risk of buying online from you.
3. Create landing pages with one clear CTA You may do more than one thing, but your customer is only interested in solving their problem. The beauty of a landing page is you can design all the content just for that person from the language, images, pain points and solutions they are looking for. You can even address their predictable objections and overcome them. You will also reduce the complexity of decision-making by having one clear call-to-action (CTA). This removes confusion and distractions. One single-minded message also helps over 60% to remember the message. When you add a second part to the message that rate drops to 35%. So create landing pages with one problem, one solutions and one CTA.
4. Great UX to make it easy to find and buy You've all been on a website when you can't find the button or the page you are after. What do you do? You leave.
User experience (UX) is the interaction and experience users have with your products and services and you want to ensure they have a positive one. You are not always in control of what page your visitor will land on, so make sure navigation is easy and straightforward. More than 3 clicks, and you are likely to loose them. Use obvious labels, heading and buttons that are really easy to see and consistency so your user becomes familiar with where to find things.
Here's some tips to improve your UX
Include plenty of blank space and contrast to avoid a really cluttered website;
Clearly named menu and simple navigation;
Use headings and highlights to break up the copy;
Use relevant images, icons, and graphics to reinforce what the copy says;
Consistent design and layout so your customers can predict where to find things;
Contrasting buttons so they are easy to see;
A well thought out user journey to reduce the number of clicks to find what they want;
A site map for an easy reference to find the pages they want;
Use colour psychology to help set the mood or emotion you want your customer to feel when they engage with your brand; and
Use a consistent tone of voice that speaks directly to your ideal customer.
5. Add a guarantee to remove all risk
Previously the 'mere exposure effect' required 7 interactions with you or your brand before they would be comfortable buying from you. Now in the digital era, that has jumped to 24 times. If someone is buying from you for the first time, you can greatly increase the comfort, and removing all risk by including a money back guarantee. You are telling them to buy it, check it out and if you're not satisfied, we'll refund, no questions asked. This is super powerful in converting traffic into customers as you have removed the risk of the purchase.
Watch the fruitful summary here
At Fruitful Group, our mission to to engage, educate and empower entrepreneurs and business owners to help them scale their business through branding, marketing, digital and storytelling.
If you need assistance to create a fruitful website that converts browsers into buyers, book a free consultation with Founder, Shelley Tilbrook, to discuss your business requirements and learn more about our website design services.
We are here to help your business grow.
Founder, Fruitful Group